Saturday, 29 March 2008

We Wait

In spite of chemo and 10 days of high dose neupogen, the stem cells have not appeared.

We don't know why this hasn't worked or if it will. On Monday we'll go in again early in the morning for a blood draw. Each day this week, Canadian Blood Services has performed a 'CD34' blood test. Each day, we go in early in the morning for a blood draw and then the blood is sent by courier to Canadian Blood Services. We hope for a high result that is indicative of high levels of stem cells in his blood. So far, the results have sent us back home each day.

Yes, I guess we are all a bit discouraged. We'll see what Monday brings.

No comments: